07/25/2022 – FLY DAY FROM USA
JULY 27TH – BLACK IN AMSTERDAM TOUR
- Our morning tour begins at Dam Square (city center). We will travel throughout the Amsterdam canals and UNESCO World Heritage Sites exploring the city’s “hidden history.” Our guides will reveal the presence of Blacks in Amsterdam from the 17th century visible on national landmarks, canal houses, art, and more. Some of the locations visited include The West India House (HQ of the Dutch Trans- Atlantic Slave Traders), buildings with Moor heads, Mayor’s Residence (a UNESCO Heritage Site and the home of a former slave trader), and a 17th Century sugar refinery, African burial grounds along with other historic tourist attractions (the Skinny Bridge, Hermitage Museum, ‘Silly Jack’ Clock Tower, and more.
- We’ll end our tour at the Black Archives, an amazing new institution that has over 4000 books, objects, artifacts, and art documenting over 100 years of the Black Dutch history of resistance and activism. You’ll have the option to continue to explore the city on their own and/ or have dinner at a local Afro-Dutch restaurant (optional).
- Afterward, we’ll visit an actual underground coffee shop, see some of the marijuana up close and personal, and even have a chat with the owner and the growers in the shop. Then we’ll walk to the Amsterdam Museum for a brief exhibit then head over to the red-light district, Amsterdam’s most infamous neighborhood. Here you can sample Dutch beers and spend time in the local bars partaking in the full Amsterdam experience. Next, you’ll explore the red light district, enjoy a show, and finish at the blue light district.
Meals Included: Breakfast & Lunch
JULY 28TH – AMSTERDAM DINNER CRUISE
- Free Day, But Tonight Enjoy Amsterdam Dinner Cruise
- Enjoy an exclusive and delicious fine dining experience whilst taking in the magically it canals of Amsterdam. The Pinnacle of romance! You will receive a drink and an amuse bouche upon coming aboard our luxury canal boat, making for a festive start to an evening of sailing and dining.
- The dinner cruise through Amsterdam lasts 2.5 hours, during which our chef will prepare a4 – course meal “live” and your every wish will be catered to by our cheerful staff. The Amsterdam Dinner Canal Cruise is without a doubt the most culinary cruise in Amsterdam Unlimited Wine, Beer, and Soft Drinks.
Meals Included : Breakfast & Dinner.
JULY 29TH – ROTTERDAM
- After check out we will travel by train to Rotterdam. The train ride is approximately 1 hour. Our hotel is literally 5 minutes walking distance Check into Main Port
- Mainport is the most luxurious and modern hotel in Rotterdam. It is not just a hotel, it’s a lifestyle. Mainport’s unique location, on the banks of the river Maas, offers sweeping views over the water and the skyline of Rotterdam.
- The city’s highlights are all within walking distance from Mainport hotel. Get inspired by Mainport’ s world class atmosphere and exceptional design.
- The hotel offers a gateway to all of the world’ s continents, integrating the influences from East to West in a 5star design setting.
Meals Included : Breakfast & Dinner will be at De Smaakvan Afrika
- Drinks are not included. Zomer Carnival will be taking place ALL DAY please part-take in the festivities!
JULY 30th – ROTTERDAM CARNIVAL FREE DAY
- Free Day. Rotterdam Carnival.
Meals Included : Breakfast
JULY 31ST – CHECK OUT BACK TO USA OR PARIS
- Check out of the Main Port, catch train back to Amsterdam to fly back to the USA
- Catch a train to Paris! For the Black in Paris Tour.
Meals Included : Breakfast.