08/25/2021: Day 1 – Fly to Nairobi
08/26/2021: Day 2 – Arrive in Nairobi
Please visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on entry/exit requirements related to COVID-19 in Kenya.
Kenyan Immigration has instituted a strict visa policy whereby all visitors are strongly encouraged to obtain visas by using an online system, though visas are available upon arrival at international ports of entry including Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Please be advised the hotel may hold a deposit on your credit card, for room charges.
OVERNIGHT IN NAIROBI KENYA
We will be transferred to Crown Plaza for 1 night.
Tonight: We will dine at a local restaurant for dinner.
Meals: Dinner Included.
8/27/2021: Day 3 – SAFARI
- After check-out we will take a 5-hour journey to the Maasai Mara Wildlife Reserve.
- Tented Rooms:
The luxury tented rooms are furnished with all the amenities that you will require for a comfortable stay whilst visiting the Maasai Mara. The rooms can be converted into doubles, singles or triples depending on the bookings. Our family tent is spacious, and it can accommodate a group of between 4 and 6 guests. All our tents have both cold and hot running water for showers. The tents are furnished with a wash basin, toilet, luggage rack, reading table, mosquito nets and comfy safari chairs to experience the amazing views from the verandah.
- Game Drives:
Up to three game drives daily, designed around giving our guests the best game viewing experience possible. Our 4×4 land cruiser safari vehicles depart early in the morning, and late in the afternoon when the temperature is cooler, and the big cats are more active. This is also the best time for our photography enthusiasts, as the lighting is still soft. Our expert guides will teach you about the bush, while you encounter the Big Five and the other wildlife.
8/28/2021: Day 4 – SAFARI DAY 2
We will visit a local village for an authentic African barbeque and Masai Mara celebration.
8/29/2021: Day 5 – Overnight in Nairobi
08/30/2021: Day 6- Goodbye Kenya Hello Zanzibar
Visa’s NOT INCLUDED
Visas are required for U.S. citizens traveling to Tanzania.
U.S. citizens may also obtain a tourist visa upon arrival at the airport in Tanzania. The cost is $100 USD. Be prepared to pay in cash in case connectivity issues make electronic transactions impossible.
- A passport valid for a minimum of six months beyond visa issuance and/or date of entry, and at least one blank visa page, is required.
- Visitors who enter on visas must present a roundtrip ticket and demonstrate they have sufficient funds for their stay.
- Be prepared to show your passport and explain your visa status when entering or departing Zanzibar or when traveling around the mainland.
Check into the ALL INCLUSIVE Riu Zanzibar
Tonight, Private Sunset Yacht Party
8/31/2021: Day 7 – Zanzibar: Prison island
- Prison Island also known as the Changuu Island lies about 30 minutes by boat from the Zanzibar Island. The prison thereon was never used to house prisoners. The Prison Island Tour in Zanzibar will take you there. The island was once used by an Arab slave trader to contain the more troublesome slaves he had brought from the African mainland to prevent their escape before shipping them to the Arabian purchasers, or for auctioning in Zanzibar slave trade market. The slaves were dumped on the island.
9/01/2021: Day 8 – Stone Town
- Stone Town Tour
- Stone town Shopping Tour
9/02/2021: Day 9- MATEMEWE VILLAGE TOUR
- All about Matemwe Village Tour The village tours starts from the beach (depending on the tide), where you will meet the seaweed farmers. These women work in the seashore every day, harvesting seaweed for European and Asian markets. You will learn about the farming and have a chance to try it out yourself! After the beach, you will get to know the inside of Matemwe village.
9/3/2021: Day 10 – FREE DAY / JETLIFE PARTY
9/04/2021: Day 11 – DEPART FOR THE USA